Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Reflecting on My Writing Experiences

  • Before taking this class I looked at writing as something that had to be done and it was boring but needed.  I love reading but writing is boring and I never liked it.
  • The most important lesson I have learned is to pace homework because it is really difficult to do in one sitting.
  • I didn't really brainstorm to much, instead I just wrote the first thing that came to mind that sounded plausible then fine tuned the original piece.
  • The peer review process allowed me to give and receive quality feedback and it allowed me to in turn to look at other peoples work and possible take strategies from what they wrote and use it in my own work.
  • We didn't have any conferences
  • I didn't have any discussions outside of class.
  • I approached each revision by reading it out loud and fixing any funky sounding sentences then I read  it again to look for grammar errors.
  • I have learned to write better in certain genres than before this class and I think it has broaden my scope in writing.
  • I would be more diligent in my work in the class and I would try to fine tune my papers more.
  • College writing will now be with me forever and I will use in all of my classes from now on.
  • I learned a lot from the first assignment mostly because of what I was writing about which was about pathogens and I really enjoyed writing about it.
  • There wasn't any experience that really reinforced anything.
  • There wasn't any project that I didn't get anything out of.  Each project helped me improve as a writer.
  • I met the course objectives and I'm not working on any more course objectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment